Thank you for supporting Youth Challenge and the YC Rocks – Live! Annual Benefit & Auction on March 26, 2022. Below is key information on the auction. To register and bid or purchase tickets, please visit www.YouthChallengeSports.com/Benefit.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Youth Challenge at 440.892.1001 or email our Communications & Events Manager, Carolyn Palmer, at [email protected].
How to Use GiveSmart Mobile Bidding:
All bidding is done via cell phone or computer using text message or the GiveSmart website.
To bid via SMARTPHONE:
- Click the BLUE link in your welcome text message to go to your personal bidding page.
- Click on the ITEM you would like to bid on.
- Press BID to bid on an item (GiveSmart prepopulates the next minimum bid).
- If you would like to enter a higher bid than the next minimum, enter a new amount and press BID.
- To have GiveSmart automatically bid for you select AUTO and enter the highest bid amount you are willing to make. GiveSmart will bid for you incrementally up to your designated amount only if someone bids against you.
To bid via TEXT:
- To see the current bid, reply to your welcome text and enter the 3-digit item number, then press SEND. (e.g. “102”)
- Text the 3-digit item number and the amount you would like to bid with no dollar sign then press SEND. (e.g. “102 300” to place a $300 bid on item number 102)
To DONATE NOW:
- Click the DONATE button “$” on your smartphone and enter an amount.
- Or you can text GIVE and the amount (e.g. “GIVE 100” to give $100).
Like years past, auction check out will begin after the auction closes at 10 pm on March 26. To check out, follow the prompts sent via text message to self-checkout using your credit card. Those attending the event in person can also checkout with YC staff. Any user with a credit card on file who has not checked out by 11 pm on Saturday, March 26 will have their full balance charged to their card on file.
Auction Item Delivery/Shipping Information:
All those who attend the event will be able to take the packages they won home with them. If you are bidding remotely and win a package, you will be contacted by YC staff the week after the event.
Auction Item Cancellation Policy:
Youth Challenge has made all efforts possible to ensure items offered for auction are able to be fulfilled by the item donor. If an event is cancelled or a business closes and your auction purchase cannot be fulfilled, the fair market value of the unfulfilled auction item can be converted into a 100% tax-deductible donation to Youth Challenge rather than a non-deductible auction purchase. (For example: You purchase a package for $100 which includes a $25 gift card. The business that provided the gift card closes. Now, your contribution to Youth Challenge will be a $25 tax-deductible donation and a $75 auction purchase).
Thank you for supporting Youth Challenge! For further questions, please contact Carolyn Palmer, YC’s Communications & Events Manager at 440.892.1001 x13 or [email protected].