Thank you for supporting Youth Challenge and the YC Rocks! Volume 2: Annual Benefit & Auction on May 15, 2021! Below is key information on the auction. To register and bid, please visit www.YouthChallengeSports.com/Benefit.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Youth Challenge at 440.892.1001 or email our Communications & Events Manager, Carolyn Palmer, at email@example.com.
How to Use GiveSmart Mobile Bidding:
All bidding is done via cell phone or computer using text message or the GiveSmart website.
To bid via SMARTPHONE:
- Click the BLUE link in your welcome text message to go to your personal bidding page.
- Click on the ITEM you would like to bid on.
- Press BID to bid on an item (GiveSmart prepopulates the next minimum bid).
- If you would like to enter a higher bid than the next minimum, enter a new amount and press BID.
- To have GiveSmart automatically bid for you select AUTO and enter the highest bid amount you are willing to make. GiveSmart will bid for you incrementally up to your designated amount only if someone bids against you.
To bid via TEXT:
- To see the current bid, reply to your welcome text and enter the 3-digit item number, then press SEND. (e.g. “102”)
- Text the 3-digit item number and the amount you would like to bid with no dollar sign then press SEND. (e.g. “102 300” to place a $300 bid on item number 102)
To DONATE NOW:
- Click the DONATE button “$” on your smartphone and enter an amount.
- Or you can text GIVE and the amount (e.g. “GIVE 100” to give $100).
Like years past, auction check out will begin when the auction closes at 10 pm on May 15. To check out, follow the prompts sent via text message to self-checkout using your credit card.
If you would like to pay via check or cash or need assistance checking out, please contact Youth Challenge at 440.892.1001 or email Carolyn Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any user with a credit card on file who has not checked out by 12 pm on Sunday, May 16, 2021 will have their balance charged to their card on file.
Auction Item Delivery/Shipping Information:
Every package listed on the GiveSmart site will include package delivery or shipping information. There are a few different options based on the types of packages. You will be contacted by Youth Challenge staff to determine your preference (delivery, pickup, mail, shipping) on Sunday, May 16.
- Some certificate-only packages will be emailed to the winner after the event.
- Packages will be available for pickup at Youth Challenge (800 Sharon Drive, Westlake) at the following times:
- Sunday, May 16: 3 pm to 6pm
- Tuesday, May 18: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Thursday, May 20: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Packages are also available to be delivered by Youth Challenge (Cuyahoga and surrounding counties only). When you are contacted by YC staff, you will be able to select from two delivery dates within two weeks of the event.
- Packages that can be mailed in an envelope can be mailed out to the winner within two weeks of the event.
- Packages containing larger items can be shipped to the winner at their expense after the event. Please note, any packages containing alcohol cannot be shipped. They can be delivered or picked up only.
Auction Item Cancellation Policy:
Youth Challenge has made all efforts possible to ensure items offered for auction are able to be fulfilled by the item donor. If an event is cancelled or a business closes and your auction purchase cannot be fulfilled, the fair market value of the unfulfilled auction item can be converted into a 100% tax-deductible donation to Youth Challenge rather than a non-deductible auction purchase. (For example: You purchase a package for $100 which includes a $25 gift card. The business that provided the gift card closes. Now, your contribution to Youth Challenge will be a $25 tax-deductible donation and a $75 auction purchase).
Thank you for supporting Youth Challenge! For further questions, please contact Carolyn Palmer, YC’s Communications & Events Manager at 440.892.1001 x13 or email@example.com.