Thank you for supporting Youth Challenge and the YC Rocks! Virtual Benefit & Auction! Below is key information on the auction. To register and bid, please visit www.YouthChallengeSports.com/Benefit.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Youth Challenge at 440.892.1001 or email our Communications & Events Manager, Carolyn Palmer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use GiveSmart Mobile Bidding:
All bidding is done via cell phone or computer using text message or the GiveSmart website.
To bid via SMARTPHONE:
- Click the BLUE link in your welcome text message to go to your personal bidding page.
- Click on the ITEM you would like to bid on.
- Press BID to bid on an item (GiveSmart prepopulates the next minimum bid).
- If you would like to enter a higher bid than the next minimum, enter a new amount and press BID.
- To have GiveSmart automatically bid for you select AUTO and enter the highest bid amount you are willing to make. GiveSmart will bid for you incrementally up to your designated amount only if someone bids against you.
To bid via TEXT:
- To see the current bid, reply to your welcome text and enter the 3-digit item number, then press SEND. (e.g. “102”)
- Text the 3-digit item number and the amount you would like to bid with no dollar sign then press (e.g. “102 300” to place a $300 bid on item number 102)
To buy items AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
- Click on the INSTANT tab on your bidding link.
- Enter the item number you would like to purchase and click BUY.
- Or you can text BUY and the item number then press SEND. (e.g. “BUY 106”)
To DONATE NOW:
- Click the DONATE button “$” on your smartphone and enter an amount.
- Or you can text GIVE and the amount (e.g. “GIVE 100” to give $100).
Like year’s past, auction check out will begin when the auction closes at 9:45 pm on June 6. To check out, follow the prompts sent via text message to self-checkout using your credit card.
If you would like to pay via check or cash or need assistance checking out, please contact Youth Challenge at 440.892.1001 or email Carolyn Palmer at email@example.com. Any user with a credit card on file who has not checked out within 24 hours will automatically have their balance charged to their card.
Auction Item Delivery/Shipping Information:
Every package listed on the GiveSmart site will include package delivery or shipping information. There are a few different options based on the types of packages:
- Some certificate-only packages will be emailed to the winner after the virtual event.
- Some certificate/gift card packages will be available for pick up the week after the event or can be mailed to the winner.
- Some packages with items will be available for pick-up at Youth Challenge or local delivery to the winner by YC staff after the virtual event. Delivery will only be available in Cuyahoga and surrounding counties. All packages containing alcohol can only be delivered or picked up.
- Some packages will be available to be shipped to the winner at their cost after the virtual event.
Auction Refund Policy:
Youth Challenge has made all efforts possible to ensure items offered for auction are able to be fulfilled by the item donor. In the event an event is cancelled or business is closed and your auction purchase cannot be fulfilled, there are two options:
- The fair market value of the unfulfilled auction item can be converted into a 100% tax-deductible donation to Youth Challenge rather than a non-deductible auction purchase. (For example: You purchase a package for $100 which includes a $25 gift card. The business that provided the gift card closes. Now, your contribution to Youth Challenge will be a $25 tax-deductible donation and a $75 auction purchase).
- Before the item’s expiration date or one-year of the event date, June 6, 2020, Youth Challenge can refund you the fair market value of the item lost up to the purchase price of the package. (For example: You purchase an experience package for $200. The experience is valued at $300 and is not able to be fulfilled. You can be refunded by Youth Challenge for the $200 you spent).
After June 6, 2021, Youth Challenge is not able to offer refunds for unfulfilled auction items. Any unfulfilled items can be turned into a tax-deductible donation.
Thank you for support Youth Challenge! For further questions, please contact Carolyn Palmer, YC’s Communications & Events Manager at 440.892.1001 x13 or firstname.lastname@example.org.