Planned giving allows you to combine philanthropic goals with financial needs to support the YC mission and programs. One way to participate is by making a bequest. A bequest is a testamentary gift made to YC through a will or beneficiary designation on a life insurance policy or retirement account policy. When establishing your will, we hope that you will consider a bequest to Youth Challenge to help us continue our mission of helping children with all abilities. Bequests are a great way to express your values while leaving a legacy of life for those who follow you.
Youth Challenge holds an endowment fund managed by UBS Financial Services, Inc. and The Cleveland Foundation. The fund acts as a savings account for the organization. Donating to the Endowment Fund allows your gift to keep giving as it ensures the agency will have emergency funds if needed and will build funds to secure the YC’s future.
Donations to the Youth Challenge endowment or named funds can be made here. If donating to a named fund, please include the name of the fund on the donation form.
Donations can also be made through The Cleveland Foundation’s website. Please be sure to select Youth Challenge from the Fund drop-down menu. You can donate using a credit card or stock.
Youth Challenge holds the following named endowments:
- • Karen M. Sobol Memorial Sponsorship – est. 1996
• Jack E. McDonald Memorial Sponsorship – est. 2004
• Federated Church of Christ Sponsorship – est. 2005
• Beth K. Stocker Memorial Fund (designated for Lorain County participant) – est. 2009
• Mr. & Mrs. Richard G. Anter, Sr. Memorial Fund (designated for teen volunteer) – est. 2010
• Michael Houtz Memorial Sponsorship – est. 2011
• Mr. & Mrs. William R. Oatey Fund – est. 2014
• Michael L. Coticchia Memorial Fund (designated for teen volunteer) – est. 2014
• George J. Ata Memorial Fund (designated for teen volunteer) – est. 2014
• Dvoroznak Family Fund – est. 2014
• Richard M. Johnson Family Fund – est. 2015
• Metro-West Kiwanis – est. 2016
• Paul Koch Memorial Fund – est. 2018
• Courtney Oatey Memorial Fund – est. 2018
• Oatey Family Fund – est. 2018
• Richard Anter II Memorial Sports Fund – est. 2019
• Bonne Bell Family Fund – est. 2019
• Pease Family Fund – est. 2019
• McBride’s Ride Fund – est. 2019
• Jack and Nancy Tanis Teen Volunteer Fund – est. 2020
• Burge Family Fund – est. 2020
To learn more about the Youth Challenge Endowment Fund, please call Chris Garr at 440-892-1001.