Database & Administrative Specialist
Youth Challenge is seeking a Database & Administrative Specialist. This position is the lead for the Raiser’s Edge database. The primary responsibility is to effectively manage the Raiser’s Edge database and constituent information, gift processing, and gift acknowledgment. This role will also provide reporting and analysis and ongoing database maintenance. This role works directly with the Youth Challenge development team and closely with the program staff to advance the organization’s mission and achieve overall fundraising goals.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience with database management.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar product preferred.
• Proficiency in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
• Understanding of donor/development relationship.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills a must; ability to communicate with Board and donors.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of gifts, pledges, receipts, and thank you letters.
• Build and update Raiser’s Edge donation forms and process online gifts.
• Input all new and updated constituent information.
• Develop reports and queries to provide analyses of monthly revenue and campaign results.
• Handle global changes, imports, and other global database functions.
• Develop and document database policies and procedures; recommend best practices.
• Collaborate with development department to further develop giving initiatives.
• Provide training, as necessary, to staff members to ensure accurate data entry.
Location: Westlake, OH
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours/Partial work from home option
Employment Status: 30-40 hours/wk.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline to Apply: May 26, 2022
Please email or mail your cover letter and resume to:
800 Sharon Drive
Westlake, OH 44145
About Youth Challenge
Youth Challenge (YC) is a leading provider of adaptive programs in the Cleveland area. For over 45 years, YC has been fulfilling its mission of bringing together young people with physical disabilities and youth volunteers who inspire each other through adapted sports, recreation, and social growth activities. Today, Youth Challenge serves more than 150 children and young adults (ages 4-25) with physical disabilities through the help of more than 400 trained teen volunteers (ages 12-18). The organization provides free programming and transportation to children and young adults from Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, and Summit counties.