As mandated by the State of Ohio and to protect the health of Youth Challenge participants, volunteers, and supporters, Youth Challenge has cancelled some scheduled programs and events. YC’s mission of bringing joy and laughter through sports and art will never change. While our brand of adaptive recreation is important, the health and well-being of our community is far more critical, and we proceed prudently by operating in the best interest of Team YC. If you have any questions, please call the Youth Challenge office at 440-892-1001.
- All scheduled programming for participants and teen volunteers has been suspended through May 1, 2020. YC program closures will follow the same schedule as Ohio schools. As more information is available, we will update as needed. While we won’t be seeing our WOOOnderful participants and volunteers in person, we’re working on some virtual programming (found HERE) via Instagram and Facebook, so if you’re not already following YC, please do so!
- Brats, Beer, & Brackets scheduled for March 18, 2020 has been cancelled. If you have already purchased a ticket for the event, there are a couple of options:
- Your ticket purchase can be transitioned into a fully tax-deductible donation to Youth Challenge.
- Your ticket purchase can be refunded in full. If you would like a refund, please contact Carolyn Palmer, YC’s Communications & Events Manager, at 216.548.5338 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know before April 1, 2020 if you would like a refund. After that date, your purchase will be assumed as a donation to fund Youth Challenge’s mission.
- Youth Challenge’s Annual Benefit & Auction’s in-person event to be held April 4, 2020 has been cancelled. The auction, fund a need, and raffle drawing portions of the event will take place during a Virtual Benefit to be held as soon as timing feels appropriate. The date will be determined and communicated as we know more about the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for additional details!
- While the raffle drawing will not take place on April 4, if you have already purchased a raffle ticket your purchase is still valid and you don’t need to do anything to stay in the drawing.
- If you have already purchased a ticket for the event there are a few options. Please contact Carolyn Palmer, YC’s Communications & Events Manager, at 216.548.5338 or email@example.com on or before April 1 to determine what you would like to do with your ticket purchase. After April 1, your ticket purchase will be assumed as a donation to support Youth Challenge’s mission. Ticket purchase options:
- Each ticket you have purchased can be converted into an additional raffle ticket purchase for YC’s Cash Raffle and a $25 tax-deductible donation to Youth Challenge. The drawing will be held during the Virtual Benefit.
- Please kindly consider making your ticket purchase a tax-deductible donation to YC. Our Annual Benefit raises approximately 25% of our operating budget.
- Your ticket purchase can be refunded in full.
- To make sure you’re notified of when the auction goes live, please click here to register on GiveSmart, our mobile-bidding platform.
If you are interested in making a donation to support Youth Challenge – and help us out with missing event revenue – you can visit this link. Every little bit helps!
More updates will be posted on this page as they become available. Please contact YC at 440-892-1001 for questions or more information. Thank you for being on Team YC!